to the St. John's Medical Plaza Sleep Disorders Center Website!
A Comprehensive Sleep Disorders Center serving the communities of Santa
Monica, West LA, Westwood, Culver City, Venice, Mar Vista, Marina Del Rey,
Century City, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Bel Air,
Pacific Palisades and Malibu
you know that an estimated 40% of Americans from the ages of 30 to 60
suffer from treatable sleep disorders?
untreated, sleep disorders can lead to an increased risk of :
- Heart Attack or Stroke
- High Blood pressure or Hypertension
- Automobile or work related accidents
- Obesity and Diabetes
can you know if you have a sleep disorder? Some of the indicators are:
- Having a hard time falling or staying asleep
- Being tired during the day- even if you've slept
- Morning headaches
- Frequent nighttime urination
- Weight gain
- Movements in sleep (restlessness or kicking)
- Difficulty concentrating
- Depression or mood swings
- Sexual dysfunction
can be done?
first step is to talk to your physician about your symptoms. Your physician
can order an overnight polysomnogram (sleep study), a tool used to identify
a sleep disorder. Ask your physician to refer you to a Comprehensive
Sleep Center for accurate diagnostic testing.
more information visit our FAQ page or feel
free to contact us at